Ultimaker S5 Material Station
A 6-spool prefeeder with humidity control that automatically switches between materials.
More materials, less hassle
The Ultimaker S5 Material Station has been tested and tested to earn your trust when automatically switching materials. It takes care of every spool swap before, after, and even during a print job – so you don’t have to.
Each bay features end-of-spool detection with maintenance-free, abrasive-resistant prefeeders. So, when one spool runs out, it automatically switches to the next without extra friction, without tangling – without fail. You can even reduce waste by starting a print with a used spool, and trust that the material will be switched at exactly the right time.
Its 6 spool bays give you huge capacity for bigger prints, more small batches, or more flexibility in your setup – which means higher uptime and fewer manual operations.
Productivity to power your business
Seamlessly integrating with the Ultimaker S5, the Material Station redefines material handling – to unlock truly 24/7 production. Load up to six material spools inside the humidity controlled chamber and smart features take care of the rest – composite-ready feeder wheels, filament flow sensors, and automatic switching when a material runs out. Now you can achieve increased productivity and higher-quality production.
Each bay is NFC-enabled and compatible with:
- All Ultimaker filaments (not including 350-gram spools)
- All materials from leading brands with predefined settings in Ultimaker Cura Marketplace
- Including glass or carbon-reinforced materials
- Any other third-party 2.85 mm filament with a spool that fits
- Fast and easy loading: Front-facing bay for up to six materials reduces loading time to a few seconds
- Uninterrupted printing: Sensors detect when one material spool ends and automatically loads the next
- Humidity control: Intelligent atmospheric management keeps relative humidity below 40%
- Easy setup and monitoring: NFC material autorecognition and seamless integration with Ultimaker software
- Composite materials compatible: Print parts with high strength and unique properties
- Limitless configurations: Keep your most-used materials ready to print when you need – Ultimaker and third-party filaments
- Filament diameter
- 2.85 mm
- Compatible materials
- Optimized for Ultimaker PLA, Tough PLA, ABS, Nylon, CPE, CPE+, PC, PP,TPU 95A, PVA, Breakaway (Also supports third-party materials)
- System compatibility
- Ultimaker S5
- Dual-geared, abrasion-resistant
- 491 x 438 x 400 mm
- 17.7 kg
- 6 spools
- Auto-recognition enabled with NFC scanner