3D printing for architecture
Learn how to adopt 3D printing in architecture! This training session of +/- 2 hours will teach you every secret you need to know to draw and export correctly your blueprints.
A new revolution in this industry
3D printing becomes more and more a validation and persuasive tool in the architecture sector. Financially it brings several advantages:
- The desktop 3D printers are affordable
- When invoicing your 3D prints to your customers, you redeem the purchase of your 3D printer in several projects.
- You avoid the costs of the maquette makers.
- The costs of the consumables are affordable: one spool of 750g filament cost €23,1 vat exc. and you can print at least 5 maquettes like the one in the pictures above.
The timing aspect is also important. You can print a project in several hours instead of weeks when creating a maquette the traditional way.
Furthermore, every 3D printed creation can be post-processed: painted, sanded, polished, assembled with other material or other manufacturing technique (laser cuter, cnc machine, woodworking)... You have limitless possibilities thanks to 3D printing.
The only one is your imagination.
Architects, designers, creators... knowing how to use a 3D modeling software (Sketchup, Revit, Archicad, Autocad...)
- Available resources on the internet
- The software
- Convert your file to a 3D printable file
- Starting your first 3D print
- Knowledge about the 3D printing process
- The workflow
- The mistakes to avoid
- The materials
- Tips and tricks
- Questions and answers
The courses are held at the store, located at Rue de Dublin 27, 1050 Ixelles (Elsene)
Covered parking is available nearby, which is free for the first hour. The following hours cost 2 €. We however recommend you to come by public transport. We are located 5 minutes (walking time) from stations: Trône, porte de Namur(Metro), Luxembourg station(train).
Contact us for more information or for reservations!
See you soon.
- Duration of the training
- Location of the training
- 27 rue de Dublin, 1050 Ixelles
- Number of people admitted
- maximum 30