Formlabs Form 3B+
The Form 3B is an advanced desktop 3D printer optimized for biocompatible materials. Our precise, reliable ecosystem takes the guesswork out of dental fabrication so faster workflows are just a few clicks away.
The Next Generation of Dental 3D Printing
Advanced Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)™ technology uses a flexible resin tank and a custom-designed, user-replaceable Light Processing Unit (LPU) to produce consistent, accurate prints. Reduced peel forces lead to incredible surface finish and part clarity, right off the printer.
Built for Production
14.5 × 14.5 × 18.5 cm
5.7 × 5.7 × 7.3 in
Print 2-3 times more parts in a single build compared to small build plate DLP printers to spend less time handling your printer and more time on high-value tasks. Production environments can see 55% less labor time and costs compared to DLP. A modular ecosystem allows for unmatched consistency, scalability, and redundancy.
Dental Demands More
Each of our ever-expanding variety of indications is extensively validated and tested to ensure quality and accuracy. Switch seamlessly between a library of Dental Resins with a no-hassle cartridge system.
The work flow
Collect digital images of the patient's anatomy using an intraoral scanner. Send scans along with a digital prescription to the lab or design station.
Import the scans into the CAD software, where the digital design is performed.
Import the CAD file into the PreForm print preparation software to set up printing and easily send it to a Formlabs printer.
Perform cleaning, drying and post-curing of printed parts. These parts are ready to be used in the mouth or for a variety of applications.
A perfect finish
Form Wash and Form Cure streamline the post-processing process to help you produce high-quality parts, every print, faster and easier.
Dental Service Plan (DSP) assistance
The Dental Service Plan includes proactive support, industry leading priority phone and email support. It's like having a technician at home. See the "downloads" section for details of this premium assistance.
Formlabs checks your process and equipment diagnostics every six months so you can stay focused on running your business.
Do you have an urgent question? You now have a direct line with your personalized assistance. Call us Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Priority email support
Your emails have priority. Send us an email and an expert will get back to you within half a working day.
Immediate replacement: When the Formlabs team finds that your printer needs to be repaired or replaced, we send you a new printer before you return the old one. All you have to do is put your broken printer in the original packaging and send it.
Designed for teams
Plan and manage the print queue in PreForm and manage printers and teams in the online Dashboard.
What's in the box:
- Form 3B 3D Printer
- Preform software
- Build Platform
- Resin Tank
- Finishing Kit
- 1 year Dental Service Plan
- 1 year Warranty
- Form Cure and Form Wash (if selected)
We sell the Form3B always equipped with at least the 1 year Dental Service Plan with 1 year warranty.
Remark : There is no isopropyl alcohol in the box. Do not forget to select it at the risk of not being able to clean your 3D prints.
Recommendation to our customers:
We recommend that our customers add the following options to their order:
- A Dental Service Plan with a minimum of 2 years warranty. In this way, your business benefits from first-class, worry-free support to ensure continuous production.
- Form Wash and Form Cure to automate cleaning and photopolymerize prints (essential process)
- Isopropyl alcohol to clean their 3D prints right after printing. A minimum of 8L is required to fill the Form Wash or the Manual Finishing Kit.
- To have a spare resin tank when it is worn out. It takes +/- 10 to 20L of use before it is replaced. It depends on the type of resin.
- Always have a spare Dental Model resin with you in case supplies run out during printing.
- To come and train personally in our showroom to prevent improper handling. While remote training is offered with the DSP, nothing beats in-person training.
- Printing volume
- 145 x 145 x 185mm
- Compatible materials
- All Formlabs resins
- Wi-Fi / Ethernet / USB 2.0
- Machine size
- System compatibility
- Windows / Mac OS
- 1 year
- Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)
- Print temperature
- 5.5" Interactive Touchscreen
- Maximum precision
- 25-300 microns