Ultimaker 2 & 3 Adhesion Sheets
A pack of 25 adhesion sheets to ensure consistent, high-quality results by achieving an optimal print surface and excellent adhesion of your 3D print to the build plate.
How to use adhesion sheets
Using an adhesion sheet is one of the most effective methods of ensuring your 3D print adheres to the build plate, producing consistent high-quality results. Learn how to apply it correctly, prevent air bubbles, and ensure a smoother, flatter surface.
Applying the adhesion sheet
To apply the adhesion sheet to the glass plate, take the following steps:
- Remove the glass plate from the printer by opening the build plate clamps at the front of the build plate, then gently sliding the glass plate out of the printer.
- For the best results, wet the glass plate with water and (optionally) a small amount of (dishwashing) soap. Make sure that the glass plate’s warning sticker is facing upwards.
- Remove the back liner from the adhesion sheet.
- Slowly apply the adhesion sheet. Start in the middle and then lower the adhesion sheet onto the rest of the glass plate.
- To reduce the number of air bubbles, use the adhesive applicator to sweep the water outwards from underneath the sheet, starting at the center. Be careful not to tear the sheet.
Note: Air bubbles under the sheet can distort the first printed layer. If the bubbles can’t be removed, consider popping them with a needle.
- Once the sheet is applied, and is bubble-free and dry, place the glass plate back in the printer and secure with the build plate clamps. Heat the build plate to 100 ºC so the remaining water under the sheet can evaporate.
Removing the adhesion sheet
The adhesion sheet can be used multiple times, but once it has been damaged, you may need to replace it.
To remove the adhesion sheet from the glass plate, take the following steps:
- Remove the glass plate from the Ultimaker 3.
- Take one of the corners of the adhesion sheet and peel it approximately 3 cm from the glass plate surface.
- Hold the glass plate under a tap and let the water run under the adhesion sheet while slowly pulling the sheet off at a 90-degree angle. The sheet shouldn’t leave a sticky residue.
- Continue switching to a different corner of the adhesion sheet in order to pull it off completely.
- Remove any glue residue from the glass plate with a sponge and soap.